Welcome!

My photo
Fort Worth, TX, United States
Furniture, accessories and all things design are our passion. We love to find treasures and give them a new life in hopes of bringing extra character to your home. Reusing and recycling is essential to being environmentally friendly and allows you to see beyond imperfections and capture the beauty in all things. Refreshingly Chic has a growing inventory of refinished furniture and accessories for sale. We also customize, refinish and retrofit pieces for clients and can work with existing pieces you already own.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

chic party: Tyler’s SURPRISE 30th!

Tyler, recently referred to as “Mr. Refreshingly Chic”, turned 30 earlier this month!

He is such an amazing husband, father and truly my best friend.  I wanted to celebrate him & wrap him in love on his special day.

So I planned a surprise party!

IMGP9864

I made simple, classic invitations which set the tone for the party.

IMG_5245

We all enjoyed his favorite foods for dinner.

On the menu … Chick fil A nuggets, sweet potato fries, cheesecake filled strawberries, stuffed mushrooms, chocolate pudding, peanut butter on apple slices and a few other goodies that were extra yummy.

IMG_5381

I used mason jars for drinks and added labels so everyone could keep track of their drink for the night.  Practical and cute!

IMG_5300

I decorated with photos of Tyler over the past 3 decades.

IMG_5370

Using many pictures in various sizes I was able to make a big “3-0” over our favor table.

IMG_5262

Using clothes line (purchased for $1) and small clothes pins I was able to display photos on the mantel and over the drinks.

IMG_5382

IMG_5359

The mantel also displayed the photo booth sign I made. 

We loved having Jessica Lauren Photography at the party to capture so many priceless memories. 

She also snapped fun photos of all our guests in the photo booth I made using wallpaper and fabric banners.

IMG_5265

IMG_5396  IMG_5445

Pulling off a surprise party was tough for me.  I can’t tell a lie or keep a secret!

Luckily I had help from some wonderful family and friends. 

I made a candy bar to thank everyone for celebrating Tyler’s birthday with us.  Each person who helped me with the party (my mom, sisters, mother in law and sweet friend) told me their favorite candy and I filled  jar with their treat of choice.

IMG_5258IMG_5259

It was a perfect party, for the perfect guy.

IMG_5272

He was (somewhat) surprised and had such a great night with our closest family and friends!

IMG_5434

Our family of four!

IMG_5444

IMG_5404 IMG_5460 IMG_5480IMG_5488 IMG_5496IMG_5540 IMG_5551 IMG_5562IMG_5565 IMG_5571

Happy 30th birthday, Tyler!

IMG_5601IMG_5588

3 comments: