My mom came across this small chest and thought we could turn it into something special. It had no character so we decided to think outside the box on this project.
We also found (yes, found!) this table and had it sitting in our garage for quite a while.
The shape of the chest was a bit boring so we decided to cut the legs off the table and elevate the chest. Tyler secured them on for me and then I sanded and primed the chest, including the legs.
I wanted to contrast the drawers and decided chalkboard paint would be fun and functional. My girls are just now learning to help put clothes away so you could label your drawers with images or wording to help guide them as they clean their room.
We knew this chest would be for a little girls room so thought a pop of color & new hardware would immediately give it some interest.
I ultimately decided on our Bubble Gum Pink when comparing with a few of our other finish samples.
I LOVE how this chest turned out and luckily our client did too!